Taurus' Trust Division works with clients, alongside the company's expert Tax Advisors, to advise on how to protect assets from future potential events and situations.
The division is led by Rebecca Stewart (LLB, TEP), who has a wealth of international experience and is one of the country's leading experts in structuring, setting up and managing trusts for families, asset protection and succession planning.
The division's sole focus is on trusts and works alongside other experts including lawyers, accountants and investment advisors.
The usual purpose of a trust is to achieve a benefit from no longer personally owning an asset and can be used in specific situations, such as:
- Protecting an asset, such as the family home, from a claim or creditor, for instance as a result of a failed business
- Putting money aside for a future need, such as a child's education or your own retirement care
- Ensuring your children keep their inheritance, especially important if your child divorces
- Maintaining your estate after you are gone, so you can leave a legacy
Specific Trust Services provided by Rebecca and her team include:
- Advising on family trust structures and benefits, and establishing trusts for specific personal needs or objectives
- Reviewing existing trusts and assessing their ongoing effectiveness
- Developing asset protection trusts
- Discussing and implementing succession planning
With each client, a personal approach is taken with the understanding that a trust structure needs to be tailored to fit each situation, family, or personal and professional circumstance.
The types of life situation that may warrant a closer look at a trust include:
- Are you getting married or married again, or settling down with a long term partner?
- Planning to travel or work overseas?
- Needing good combined advice about tax and trusts?
- Wanting to protect your assets?
- Needing to provide for your children's futures and leave a legacy?
If you are considering any of these questions we recommend an appointment with Rebecca who will be able to provide advice about how a trust can help provide comfort, peace of mind, and a sustainable financial future.